PowerISO is an amazing and powerful CD/DVD image file processing tool. It allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compresses, encrypts, split and converts ISO files.You can even mount those files with the internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD-ROM image files which include ISO and BIN as well.
But if you are tired of using PowerISO and want to try Programs like PowerISO then here are some of the best PowerISO alternatives which you can use:
WinCDEmu is one of the amazing and open-source CD/DVD/BD emulator. In other words, it is a tool which allows you to mount optical disc images by simply clicking on them in Windows Explorer and many other features.
If you have downloaded an ISO image and want to use it without burning it to a blank disc, then WinCDEmu can provide you this feature with ease.
Key Features of WinCDEmu:
- It has One-click mounting of ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD, IMG images.
- Also Supports unlimited amount of virtual drives.
- It Runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions from XP to Windows 10.
- WinCDEmu allows creating ISO images through a context menu in Explorer.
- It has Small installer size – less than 2MB!
- Does not require rebooting after installation.
- A special portable version is available.
- It can Translate into more than 20 languages.
- Does not occupy drive letters when not used.
- Supports data, DVD-video and BD-video images.
- WinCDEmu is free for any kind of use – it is licensed under LGPL
2. DAEMON Tools Lite
DAEMON Tools Lite has advanced tools through which you can mount all known types of disc image files and emulates up to 4 DT + SCSI + HDD devices. It also enables you to create images of your optical discs and access them via well-organized catalog.
Key Features of DAEMON Tools Lite:
- Mount all types of popular images, create MDX, MDS and ISO files.
- You can set advanced options while creating images from discs.
- You can create data images, to make a custom image from files and folders.
- Easily Make a virtual Audio CD from music tracks and Convert/Edit images, Change and save images to MDS, MDX or ISO formats.
- Burn a selected image to CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- Erase a rewritable disc fully or quickly to use it again.
- Write a bootable image of an operating system to a USB stick.
- It can Emulate up to 4 DT, SCSI, IDE and HDD devices.
It is an ISO CD/DVD image file creating/editing/converting tool and a bootable CD/DVD maker. It can directly edit the CD/DVD image file and extract files and folders from it, as well as directly make ISO files from your CD/DVD-ROM or hard disk. You can also, maintain the ISO bootable information, thus creating your own bootable CD/DVDs. You now have the power to make and edit your own ISO files, and then burn them to CD/DVD for your own needs and can work as pretty good PowerISO alternative.
Key Features of UltraISO:
- Create all in one Bootable compact disc.
- Create ALL in 1 bootable compact discs, CD/DVD imagefile management, even the virtual CD/DVD drive.
- Can directly edit the ISO image file.
- It san directly extract files and folders from ISO image file.
- you can add / delete /create new directory /rename ISO file image content.
- Make ISO file from hard disk document.
- Create CD/DVD image from CD/DVD-ROM, maintain bootable information.
- Process the compact disc boot information, you can directly add/remove/extract boot image of the ISO image.
- May directly set the file/folder to hidden attribute
- Automatically optimizes the ISO image file structure, saves the disc space.
- The double window user interface is extremely convenient to use.
MagicISO is a powerful CD/DVD image file creating/editing/extracting tool. It can open / create / edit /extract CD/DVD image files, and it can convert bin to iso and back. as well as make ISO file from DVD/CD-ROM or hard disk, and handle bootable information at meanwhile.
Key Features of MagicISO:
- It can convert BIN or any other format file created by CD burning software (Such as Nero-Burning ROM, Easy CD Create) or virtual DVD/CD-ROM driver software (such as Daemon-tools) to standard ISO format.
- MagicISO has the ability to create ISO image file. You can directly add/delete/rename files or folder in CD image file(s) with MagicISO. MagicISO can handle up to 10G large sizes so that user can extract / edit / open DVD image files in ease.
- You can use MagicISO to make CD/DVD image from DVD/CD-ROM to hard disk in order to backup CD/DVD or use it with virtual CD or Virtual machine.
- MagicISO embeds Windows Explorer and use the double window unification user contact interface. Use the quick button and the mouse Drag & Drops files between Windows Explorer and MagicISO so that you can handle the CD/DVD image file easy but powerful enough.
5. Virtual CloneDrive
Virtual CloneDrive works and behaves just like a physical CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive, however, it exists only virtually.
Image files generated with CloneBD/CloneDVD/CloneCD or other applications like ImgBurn can be mounted onto a virtual drive from your hard-disk or from a network drive and used in the same manner as inserting them into a normal CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive.
Probably the best virtual drive software, Virtual CloneDrive allows you to enjoy the freedom of a virtual drive and is completely free.
Key Features of Virtual CloneDrive:
- Supports common image formats such as ISO, BIN, CCD
- Supports up to 8 virtual drives at the same time
- Easy to use – just double-click an image file to mount as a drive
- Virtual CloneDrive is freeware, you may use it at no cost.
It is a feature-rich and complete software application to manage CD/DVD images. AcetoneISO will let You mount typical proprietary images formats of the Windows world such as ISO BIN NRG MDF IMG and do plenty of other things.
Key Features of AcetoneISO:
- Mount most common Windows images in a clean and easy GUI
- Convert all known images to ISO or extract the contents to a folder
- Encrypt, compress, split any type of image
- Download videos from Youtube
- Convert DVD video to Xvid avi and any generic video to Xvid avi
- Extract audio from a video
So, these are the PowerISO alternative that is very effective and work same as the way they should be. These Alternatives has other features as well which makes them worth replacing PowerISO.