uTorrent is a BitTorrent client which gives users easy, fast and reliable downloading experience. It has become very popular as a result of its lightweight nature as well as many other features which helps users make downloads without having to worry about disruptions and use the software with ease. There are other similar Torrent Programs like Utorrent out there you could choose to use in place of uTorrent and below you find five best uTorrent alternatives:
BitTorrent is a torrent consumer which is used to copy a quantity of reproduced files and presented by BitTorrent Inc., the originator of uTorrent. BitTorrent and uTorrent look similar with the differences being in the logo and color orientations. Some features of BitTorrent includes:
- The free version of BitTorrent comes along with ads and adware and is limited as compared to the pro version which has everything unlocked and runs with no ads.
- One could easily find what he seeks by just using the keyword search box.
- You could also go ahead and set a bandwidth limit with the regulator prepared just for you.
- BitTorrent is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Mac OS X: Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Android, iOS, Linux.
qBittorrent is a free, speedy, easy to use uTorrent alternative, which uses quite little of your device’s RAM and CPU for enhanced downloading speed. Features of this torrent client also include:
- The application includes an integrated torrent search engine, BitTorrent extensions like DHT and peer exchange, a web interface for remote control, priority and scheduling features, RSS downloading support and IP filtering.
- qBittorrent is an entirely open source, free to use and does not leave you frustrated with adware and junk.
- It has a clear and flawless interface but has less accessible plugins than there are for uTorrent.
- qBittorrent agreements for the repeated modernizes and updates for best user experience.
- It claims a united torrent search engine, media entertainer, encryption, a ranking of torrents and the archives contained by those torrents and is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Mac OS X: Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Linux, OS/2, and FreeBSD.
Tixati is a free BitTorrent client for PC, which was written in C++ and is closed source, but gives a nice user experience to both beginners and professionals. Tixati has a diverse interface as compared to typical torrent clients and displays all the data and information. Tixati has a flawless user interface and more features of the software make it fun to use. Some of such features of this uTorrent alternative include:
- Tixati has basic features like filters, Bandwidth regulator, DHT, Torrent hunt, and UPnP.
- It is very healthy for your PC since it is free of adware, malware and other junkware that might try to harm your device.
- Tixati presents all data and information by means of graphs and all outgoing or incoming file data is displayed on your screen.
- Also, you can have a dialogue with your peers in real-time through chatroom channels and be updated with statistics of your usage.
- Tixati is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Mac OS X: Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks, Linux.
Deluge, another free, open source software which is built with general similarities to qBitTorrent, but then, Deluge has a different orientation and doesn’t follow in the way of uTorrent as compared to qBitTorrent which is meant to function in the same line as uTorrent. Rather than being a feature-filled client, like qBittorrent, Deluge has a plugin system to get you the advanced features you want. Below are some features of Deluge which makes it a great uTorrent alternative:
- Deluge is built with a client-server architecture, the Deluge client can run as a daemon or service in the background, while the Deluge user interface can connect to that background service, though by default, it runs as a desktop application.
- Deluge is totally free to use and is free from any sort of adware, malware or display irritating ads on your screen.
- You can enhance further functionality by getting plugins from the Deluge official website and by using only features you like, you can modify it to make it user and device friendly.
- Deluge’s simple functions include Encryption, peer exchange, Bandwidth regulator, UPnP, Speed perimeter, and password security.
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Mac OS X: Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, and Linux.
Vuze is also a whole different torrent client as compared to uTorrent and it is closed source as well. It is a user-friendly and exciting to us a torrent client which is one of the most used uTorrent alternatives. Though a free software application has a pro version which gives you extra features as compared to the free version, since the free version has a lot of ads and adware, which occupies the main screen as you use it. Some features of Vuze are listed below:
- Vuze has features like, Bandwidth regulator and RSS contribution.
- You could also use Remote control, media player, folder alternation, plugin support, and filters.
- Vuze has a lighter version or an alternative of its own, Vuze Leap, which is light in size and is more user-friendly. Vuze Leap also has features which include search torrents, transferring them and playing media files, etc. making Vuze one of the seamless alternative and torrent client for pros and beginners.
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10, Mac OS X: Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Linux, and Android.
These 5 uTorrent alternatives are very reliable and fast. It can boost your downloading experience depends on your requirements.